Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Bad Drivers - Give Us a Sign-all

In the age of commute multitasking, a surprising number of automobile drivers make any number of turns and manoeuvres through town without the need for turn signals. While most of us are mind readers and know exactly what everyone else ahead and to the side of us on the road is going to do, these people apparently don't feel need to help us figure out their flight plan.

Yes, I know - you can't drive with one hand, shift gears with the other and talk on the cell phone or hold the stupid poodle with the other - and also manipulate that pesky turn signal lever. Yes, I know - that math doesn't work for me either.

Is it laziness? A lack of consideration? Bad road manners? Cluelessness? Whatever the excuse, it's a matter of personal and public safety. Tell me which way you are going to go or what you are going to do. That little stick on the left side of the steering wheel goes up and down to activate lights on the front and back corners of your vehicle. I'm going to do my best to not be in that same space at the same time if you give me an indication (the British call it an "indicator" for this very good reason).

Give us a sign. It's your life at stake - please involve the rest of in your decision making.

No comments: